Highlights from Yesterday at “KICK-START YOUR BUSINESS” Summit.


So we had an impactful session yesterday at the “Kick-Start Your Business” Summit with the youth. Those that couldn't come, truly missed!

I was the first speaker to that effect. And some of the thoughts I share served as a premise for other speakers to expound on. Yes, it was that expository like that. Lol. BTW, Prolific Stella’s session on “Starting Small the Right Way and Businesses To Start With Little or No Capital” and Sam Adewale’s (Mr. WEST) session on “The Powerful P’s You Need as an Entrepreneur” was super insightful.


Sharing from my inspiring story on how I leveraged on my skills, mental prowess, doggedness and dedication to make money to fend for myself and support my education through school even as an undergraduate back then in school, and the motivation and drive that kept me going as a business man and a serial entrepreneur, below are cogent point to note:

·        - Before starting out anything in life, you need a clear vision and a mission statement
·        - Build skill and competence in your area of specialization: Be very good in what you do to the point that your job/work will advertise itself
·        - Build a solid brand reputation capital online and offline:
-        Tell people what you do. A closed mouth is a closed destiny!
-        Be deliberate and intentional in everything from your dressing to your disposition etal
-        See opportunities in every problem
-        Everyone is looking for money. It is the search for money that makes work a daily routine.
-        Have a UVP (Unique Value Proposition): Only offer value. Be a solution carrier.
-        Be exceptional. Be different. Be professional. Your client will by-pass your competitors and look for you.
-        Go the extra mile.
·        - Develop people skill. I quoted a Chinese Proverb that said “A man that cannot smile should not open a shop”. Your disposition matters in business. If you lack good customer service, you will kill your enterprise. It is just a matter of time, you will liquidate.
·       - I also shared four (4) skills you need as an entrepreneur: *Marketing skill *Technical/Production skill *Administrative skill and *Human Relation (HR) skill.
·        - And lastly, because of time constraint, I shared emphatically on VOLUNTEERING. I spoke directly to the students on ground the need to volunteer even while in school. I was also quick to share of friend’s story and my story on how volunteering has saved me from unemployment, helped me build skills and competence, and how the experience I gained from volunteering has helped and still helping me build my Brand “Mr. Exponent” and company “Advantageplus Concept”.


The question and answers segment too was dope!

It was sure a life-changing, mind-blowing experience.

Next edition promises to be super-duper impactful! Wait for it.

© @exponent_sam
Primus inter pares…first amongst equals





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OF LINDA IKEJI AND HER NEWLY BOUGHT MANSION: THE RETURN BENEFIT OF CONSISTENT HARDWORK

Of Covid-19 And The New World Order

Happy Democracy Day Nigeria!