NIGERIA: CREATING HUMOUR OUT OF THEIR PROBLEMS


I got the image from someone I follow on Instagram and that got me thinking instead of laughing, really.

Oh, Nigerians!
We create humour out of our problems, we accept the abnormal and make it normal, we civilize our primitivity by conceptualizing and developing a mindset and a lifestyle different from the rest of the world!

Nigeria, my fatherland!
We are constantly in the quest for survival, we are thriving in the midst of strive and horror, creating humour out of our nuisance and ignorance!

Africa! We remain the world's celebrators of mediocrity, greed, nepotism, injustice and societal imbalance. Disequilibrium is a norm in our society, the gap between the "haves" and the "have nots" is so widen! The middle class is lost in the equation. Its either you are rich or poor-you have to belong to one class!

Our leaders are visionless, their thinking pattern is far from advancement and civilization, our system is deeply corrupt, our youth's blind prejudices are evidential of their lack of tact, innovation and productivity. I cannot blame them, the system is void of necessary resources and tools for advancement. Entrepreneurs, the drivers of any growing and developing economy, are suffering and liquidating; the economy is hard to thrive. The cost of living increase exponentially every day, in he same way the standard of living drops so low beyond human comprehension. What is wrong? I can't even sleep with PHCN electricity, I must provide my own light. My generator is tired, my President has been missing...where is he? His he still alive or dead? Hello.....

Oh, why? My heart bleeds when I see the state of my nation. Too many questions but no genuine answers!

I had to write this at this late hour so that this piece won't have to attract so many likes and comments. If you can read this, just think through....

© @exponent_sam
Primus inter pares...first amongst equals

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Covid-19 And The New World Order

Happy Democracy Day Nigeria!

OF LINDA IKEJI AND HER NEWLY BOUGHT MANSION: THE RETURN BENEFIT OF CONSISTENT HARDWORK